AWS re:Invent is just around the corner and at this year’s show, Dell is showcasing solutions that bring critical enterprise storage capabilities to AWS, enhance your AWS cyber resiliency and data protection, and help you bring Amazon EKS Anywhere to your hybrid cloud.
Delivering Enterprise Storage Capabilities to AWS
As part of continuing Dell APEX portfolio momentum, today we are announcing that Dell PowerFlex is now available in the AWS Marketplace. This offer combines the extreme performance, scale, resilience and management of PowerFlex on AWS with the ability to purchase using existing AWS cloud credits. This is the first of Dell’s industry-leading storage software to be made available via Project Alpine, an initiative bringing Dell’s storage software capabilities to public clouds.
Through the availability of PowerFlex in the AWS Marketplace, we’re delivering advanced enterprise data services and capabilities to AWS, including:
- Enterprise-grade block storage services: data mobility, snapshots, volume migrations and security.
- Linear performance with massive scale: handle millions of IOPS with sub-ms latency and linear scaling out to 1000s of instances.
- Multi-region, multi-zone resiliency: Ability to create clusters that span AWS regions and availability zones to create a fault-tolerant block storage services layer.
Enhancing Cyber Resiliency and Modern Data Protection in AWS
Dell Technologies cloud data protection solutions already protect more than 6.4 exabytes of customer data in AWS1. With Dell APEX Backup Services, PowerProtect Data Manager and PowerProtect Cyber Recovery organizations get simple, resilient, multicloud solutions that are built for a Zero Trust world.
Dell Data Protection solutions help automate the protection and resiliency of hybrid cloud workloads such as Amazon EKS Anywhere Kubernetes clusters, VMware virtual machines and cloud-native apps with up to 77% less cloud data protection resource costs in AWS than competitive offerings2.
To mitigate the risks of cyberthreats like ransomware and malware, PowerProtect Cyber Recovery enables organizations to deploy a secure, isolated digital vault in AWS. In addition to secure isolation in AWS, you can use CyberSense, a powerful AI/ML engine, to proactively identify anomalies to data residing in the vault so that potential threats can be remediated.
“For us, the value in partnering with both AWS and Dell has been the knowledge that we have an enterprise partner that can provide us with solutions across the full stack…and the ability to guarantee that backups will be available in any cloud or any AWS data center globally,” said Matthew Bertram, VP of Technology at Trintech.
Bringing Amazon EKS Anywhere On-premises
Innovating from anywhere starts with having the right infrastructure and automation to support developers and IT operations teams. Dell Validated Platforms for Amazon EKS Anywhere, running on Dell VxRail or Dell PowerFlex, provide seamless connectivity the public cloud, enabling portability and orchestration of containerized applications to accelerate developer productivity.
These solutions streamline application development and delivery by allowing organizations to easily create and manage on-premises Kubernetes clusters that can be connected to Amazon EKS instances in AWS. Pairing automated Kubernetes cluster management with intelligent, automated infrastructure is truly a match made on-premises. It allows IT organizations to empower applications teams to be the innovation engine for their businesses. For a detailed examination of using Amazon EKS Anywhere on Dell gear see the blog series.
Building a Cloud Strategy That Works for You with Dell Services
Choosing the right approach and the right cloud model is critical to delivering on the full potential of your deployment. Dell Services has consulted thousands of customers on their cloud adoption journeys. Our proven four-step approach helps organizations better understand the tasks that are necessary to meet objectives across various lines of business. Dell Services can help you capture your current state, define a sustainable cloud vision and accelerate your cloud journey with professional services.
Spend Time with Us at AWS re:Invent
- Session: For more on PowerFlex on AWS and how you can get the best of both worlds – Dell and AWS – join us for the Dell sponsored session “Bring your favorite Dell enterprise capabilities to AWS” on Monday, November 28 at 11 a.m. PT in session room Forum 113 at Caesars Forum.
- Watch Party: We also invite you to join our Dell Technologies cloud experts and watch the live stream of Peter DeSantis’s AWS re: Invent Keynote on Monday, November 28, 7 p.m. – 10 p.m. PT over cocktails and refreshments at the CAPRI Pool Restaurant and Bar located on the pool deck at The Palazzo. The first 300 eligible guests at the Dell Technologies AWS re:Invent Keynote Viewing Party will receive a cozy welcome gift (who doesn’t love a Dell branded hooded sweatshirt for chilly Las Vegas evenings) and a chance to win a Yeti Backpack Cooler. Register here.
- Booth: As you make your way around the AWS re:Invent Campus, be sure to schedule time to visit the Dell Technologies Expo booth (#2745) located in The Venetian. ere you will get to see PowerFlex on AWS in action, learn about Dell’s comprehensive storage and data protection solutions for AWS, and see how you can run EKS Anywhere on Dell infrastructure. You will also get the opportunity to ask our cloud experts your most pressing questions and learn how the Dell Services team can help you choose a cloud model that delivers on the full potential of your AWS deployment.
We hope to see you AWS re:Invent. If you are not able to attend the event, additional info on Dell’s offerings for AWS is available here. You can also reach out to your Dell representative.
1 Based on Dell Technologies analysis, January 2022
2 Based on Third Party Analysis, commissioned by Dell Technologies “Understanding the Economics of In-cloud Data Protection” September 2021. A Dell Data Protection Solution Designed with Cost Optimization in Mind”. Results were derived from comparing Dell PowerProtect Data Manager with PowerProtect DDVE against four unnamed competitors.